Texas Holdem Poker, known as Hold’em, is the most popular poker game played both at home and in casinos. Poker is the # 1 casino game and Texas Holdem is # 1 poker game. And there is no doubt about that! People love to play a different version because it’s easy to learn, fun to play and best to play. Due to its great popularity, it is a major event of the World Series of Poker. Texas Holdem is not only played in casinos and at home over the internet. Infact online casinos have rated the most popular and most played game. Playing online is as exciting and amusing as in the Atlantic City and Las Vegas.
Texas Holdem rules
If you want to become a professional Texas Holdem poker player or at least an advanced player, you must know the general and basic Texas Holdem rules and the Texas Holdem hands. You can learn how to play Texas Holdem Poker in a day, but to master the game of poker requires a lot of patience and practice. General Texas Holdem Poker rules are:
1. Hold’em is played with a normal deck of 52 cards. All players get two “face down” cards and five “face up” cards. Five “Up” cards are called community cards and are shared by all players at the table. This game can be played with at least 2 and no more than 11 players.
2. A person acts as a dealer. His tasks include mixing the cards, distributing the cards and controlling the flow of the game.
3. The two players on the left side of the dealer start the game by making blind bets. Now each player gets 2 “down” cards. These are the “hole” cards of the players. This round is called a “pre-flop” round.
4. Now the dealer deals the three cards in the middle of the table. Now begins the second betting round. This betting round starts with the player to the left of the dealer and continues to the left. In this round, a player can call, raise or fold when there is a bet on the table. If no bet is placed on the table, a player can make or check the bet.
5. When the second betting round ends, the dealer distributes another “Up” card. This card is called “Turn”. Players can now use this sixth card to make a five-card poker hand. The player who starts is the one left of the dealer. In this round, the bet amount corresponds to the maximum table bet.
6. Now the last round of betting starts. The dealer distributes the last card, called the “river”. A player can use any combination of cards to make a hand. One hand can be a pocket card and four community cards or 2 pocket cards and 3 community cards.
7. Now all the players in the hand show their cards. The best hand wins the pot. During the game, however, a player can fold and go out of the hand at any time.
Texas Holdem Poker is the name of entertainment and jackpots. The cheat game of the past is now the first casino game. And this popularity is based on simplicity, tricks and opportunities. Texas Holdem Poker rules help you to learn and play Texas Holdem games. So learn to play!